These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com
ModifiedPowerWheels.com powerwheels upgrades, peg-perego and others very welcome

Specializing in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines
Udemy Course
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
 All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Projects Pages! (blogs?)
 Gender change on Barbie Trail Rider
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CJB
Senior Modder

Lino Lakes
MN
USA

1589 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  12:23:01  Show Profile  Visit CJB's Homepage
Picked this up today for $10 from a CL wanted post.
The little boy next door is always wanting me to get Chloe's 'trucks' out for him to play with. The thing is, he doesn't drive them. He just wants to sit on them and play with the switches.

85.72 KB

Super 6 motors and I'll drop a 12v in there. Should he actually decide to push the pedal, he'll be moving. I've got some black wheels laying around here. I'll see if any of them will fit. Otherwise, it'll be black paint with pink wheels I guess. Not going to put a lot of money into this, because his mother doesn't have any to pay for it. I'll figure out an easy headlight (something needs to be done there anyway) and call it good.

91.73 KB

12V Lil Jeep; 24v Race Car Project (abandoned); Red Wrangler (WIP);18v Police Silverado
Polaris 2X ; Polaris 700; Xtreme Machine ; 12v Super 6 Firerock
Gaucho Grande; Tinkerbell Ninja; 12v S6 Trail Rider; Brute Force 24v

Divinar

San Jose 95123
CA
USA

3057 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  13:34:08  Show Profile
If you've got a spare harness laying around, you could make it H/L/R instead of just F/R - might be safer for him, too - until he learns to steer.

Escalade (Rubber tires, LED lights, Key switch, Remote Kill, wings. Wings?)
Lil Wrangler (2WD, 12v, Lights), Dora Jeep (Super-6 @ 12v, lights), Jeep Enforcer turned Aftershock (18v, WIP),
Grape Gaucho A151 (24v, scooter controller, WIP)
KFX Quad (Remote Kill), Crushmeister! (Silverado), Limited Edition Jeep (Stock)
Kawasaki Mojave 250 (Stock), PP Gator (Lights), Home Depot Loader, Lightning McQueen (Stock)
Go to Top of Page

CJB
Senior Modder

Lino Lakes
MN
USA

1589 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  14:00:07  Show Profile  Visit CJB's Homepage
No spares. I could rewire it, but that sounds like more work than I want to put into this. I have the Gaucho to do still. When it's ready for presentation, it'll come 6v. I just threw a 12v in there and Chloe tested it out. Holy cow does that thing scoot.
Drive train is solid. No problems at all. Steering is a little sloppy, but that's an easy fix. Would Wrangler tires fit on this?

12V Lil Jeep; 24v Race Car Project (abandoned); Red Wrangler (WIP);18v Police Silverado
Go to Top of Page

sdubb
Senior Modder

1661 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  14:27:32  Show Profile
I dont think the wrangler tires would fit because they don't have a dish to them so the axle might not be long enough in the rear.

"Time to take a ride on the information superhighway."
Go to Top of Page

CJB
Senior Modder

Lino Lakes
MN
USA

1589 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  18:49:28  Show Profile  Visit CJB's Homepage
Change of plans on this. I just picked up a Ninja from CL today for $10.

(file photo - today's was in even better condition)

So, neighbor boy can get this one and I'll keep the barbie one for Chloe. Eliminates my pink wheel problem.

Now... what to do whit the trailrider... How shall thy pimp...?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: